segunda-feira, 16 de março de 2009

Eric Carle, by himself

"I often joke that with a novel you start out with a 35-word idea and you build out to 35,000 words. With a children's book you have a 35,000-word idea and you reduce it to 35. That's an exaggeration, but that's what's taking place with picture books."

"I cannot do a book that says market research has found that three-year-old girls like the colour red or that boys like tractors. I've been asked so many times to do a tractor book. I could do a tractor book. But I don't know how to do tractors."

(sobre o pai) "When I was little, from the beginning, he read the funny papers to me, told me stories, drew pictures, went for walks. Telling stories and walking and stopping and looking; nothing terribly important. But that has been so important in my life. The older I get, the more I know that's so true."

Eric Carle, a estrela rock da literatura para crianças, em entrevista ao jornal The Guardian.

1 comentário:

zamot disse...

Grada Eric! Sou fan!